Feb xx, 2017, Philadelphia, PA — Roland Martin, a nine-time B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year and winner of 19 B.A.S.S. tournaments, will join five other top-ranked professional bass anglers at The Bass University’s world-class fishing program in Columbus on February 11 – 12.
For three decades, legendary tournament angler Roland Martin has taught fellow anglers how to outsmart fish on his Fishing with Roland Martin TV show, currently broadcast on the Versus network. Martin, who still competes in selected events, earned nine B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year titles, 19 tournament wins, 19 second-place finishes, and 24 appearances in the BASS Master Classic (the Super Bowl of bass fishing). He is a member of the International Game Fish Association (IGFA), the National Fishing Hall of Fame, and the Professional Bass Fishing Hall of Fame.
Along with Martin, the dynamic lineup of superstars slated to present a total of 12 seminars during the two-day event includes:
- Scott Suggs, Bryant, AR: Suggs won the 2007 Forrest Wood Cup and has with 15 top-ten finishes.
- JT Kenney, Frostburg, MD: Kenney, a former motocross racer, has four FLW Tour victories and nearly 50 top-ten finishes.
- Wesley Strader, Spring City, TN: Strader has one FLW Tour win and 40 top-ten finishes.
- Pete Gluszek, Mount Laurel, NJ: Gluszek is the co-founder, with Mike Iaconelli, of The Bass University program. He has two Bassmaster wins and two FLW tournament wins to his credit, along with numerous other top-level tournament honors. Gluszek is an expert in tidal water fishing and a much sought after on-the-water instructor
- Charlie Hartley, Grove City, OH: Hartley is a former professional skateboarder, two-time Bassmaster Classic qualifier, and won the 2016 Bassmaster Northern Open on Virginia’s James River. He has nine top-ten Bassmaster finishes.
During the seminars, anglers of all skill levels will learn new tactics directly from the pros and gain confidence in their own skills and techniques. Attendees can ask questions during the roundtable discussion and rub elbows with the pros during breakout sessions. They will also receive special discount offers from sponsors of The Bass University and have a chance to win great prizes.
Interested anglers can register online at TheBassUniversity.com/class-training to guarantee one of the remaining spots in the class. Walk-in registrants are welcome if space allows, starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. Special rates are available for students and youths under age 18.
For those who are unable to attend class in Columbus, The Bass University’s website offers an online video library of over 200 classes covering a wide range of bass fishing topics, conditions, techniques, etc. Preview videos and information about monthly and annual subscriptions are available at BassU.tv.
2017 Bass University Classroom Speakers and Topics
- The Grass Wizard’s Flipping System
- Selecting the Right Jig
- River Fishing All Year Long
- Suspended Bass Tactics
Roland Martin (9-time BASS Angler-of-the-Year)
- Pattern Fishing
- Fishing the Moment: Reading the Conditions to Catch More Fish
- Simple Swimbait Fishing
- Finesse Crankbaits
- Fishing Heavily Pressured Lakes
- Finesse Flipping
ABOUT THE BASS UNIVERSITY
Founded in 2010 by Mike Iaconelli and Pete Gluszek, The Bass University (BU) offers acclaimed bass fishing education programs in three formats: online, in the classroom, and on the water. Their motto is “Never Stop Learning,” and The Bass University strives to build effective programs that help anglers of all skill levels gain confidence in new tactics and techniques to catch big bass consistently.
Each year during the professional tournament fishing off-season, The Bass University offers four two-day classroom training programs taught by today’s top bass anglers. During warm weather, BU offers personalized on-the-water instruction with top pro anglers in one-on-one or small group sessions. Anglers around the world—from Japan to Australia, South Africa and beyond—subscribe to BassU.tv, an extensive, online library of instructional videos.
The Bass University has students of all skill levels, including the top tournament anglers! Similar to other professional sports where athletes study their competitors, several pro anglers have won big by participating in Bass University classes and watching The Bass University TV instructions. Always look to The Bass University for your fishing instruction.